Kaiam is currently hiring for the following full-time jobs in Newark, California — US:
Product Line Manager
About the Position
Kaiam is delivering breakthrough optical communications products that power the Cloud today and into the future. Headquartered in Newark, California with large-scale manufacturing in Livingston, Scotland, Kaiam was founded in 2009 by leading technologists from the optical networking industry. Current products include 100Gb/s LightScale® optical transceivers optimized for data centers, and world-class photonic lightwave circuits (PLCs) enabling intra- and inter-data center interconnects.
Kaiam has a career opportunity for a Product Line Manager. We are looking for creative, enthusiastic and skilled individual to join our sales team. The ideal candidates will communicate professionally with the key costumers to understand their needs and monitor competitor’s performance while gathering support capabilities internally.
• Define and drive the product and market strategy for Kaiam’s transceiver product line.
• Research and articulate market directions, technology trends, standards, customer requirements and competitive threats.
• Attend relevant IEEE meetings, MSA and consortiums
• Author Marketing Requirements Documents (MRD) for new products.
• Drive key marketing functions including pricing, forecasting, sales support, feature prioritization, and collateral creation.
• Support profit & loss (P&L) management of Kaiam’s transceiver product line.
• Coordinate customer qualification testing, PCNs, communicating technical issues, and understanding needs.
• Assist Product Engineering (PE), R&D and Operations teams on full product lifecycle management including:
• Translation of customer requirements into full technical specifications, documentation, datasheets, etc.
• Initiation and prioritization of development programs, and resolution of resource conflicts to meet business objectives and support customer schedules
• Production priorities and resolution of supply and capacity issues
• Product enhancements and changes resulting in ECOs and PCNs
• Cost reduction efforts
• Bachelor of Science degree or above in Electrical Engineering or Applied Physics
• 5+ years of experience in optical component/subsystem industry in product marketing/management or technical support roles
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and experience working in cross-functional teams
In exchange, we offer a competitive salary (based on experience), a wide array of benefits, and generous holidays.
Kaiam always strives for excellence so if you can bring us relevant qualifications and experience to help us achieve this then we would like to hear from you. We are looking for employees with talent and potential, so if you’re upbeat and motivated why not join us and be part of something exceptional?